In QuickBooks, the company file acts as the backbone of the entire application. The user cannot proceed to the features and tools if this file is damaged, corrupted, missing or invalid. There are many errors that can occur in the user’s daily life while they access the company file, one of which is the which is assisted with a trigger warning saying “QuickBooks was unable to open the Company file (path) located on the host computer.” This can happen when multiple users try to access the data file simultaneously. If the issue is not treated immediately, it could lead to an automatic reset of the multi-user network. Continue reading our blog below, to learn the ways to get rid of the same.
Tired of dealing with QuickBooks Error 6190 all alone? Get in touch with our certified experts at 855-856-0042 and receive the best in market advice to get over such technical glitches.
Read More | QuickBooks has stopped working
Causes behind QuickBooks Error Code 6190
- A corrupted or damaged QuickBooks company data file.
- When another attempts to access the company file and that too in the single-user mode.
- Lost sync between the QB component files (Transaction Log and Network Data) and the company file.
- Broken or disrupted update installation could also lead to error 6190 in QuickBooks.
- Running a number of applications at once.
Read More | QuickBooks error 6000 83
Solutions for QuickBooks Error Message 6190
Error 6190 can be resolved by renaming the QB component files and ending the QB processes –
Solution 1 – Add an Extension to the QB Component File Names
- Open QuickBooks and press the F2 key to view the Product Information window.
- Copy the location of your company file.
- Move the cursor to the Windows icon, right-click and select the File Explorer option.
- When directed to a new window, paste the copied location in the search bar on the top of the screen.
- Now, look for the files with your company file name, but .ND and .TLG extensions. [(company file name.qbw.ND) and (company file name.qbw.TLG)].
- Right-click on the files one by one and choose Rename.
- Add .OLD extension to each of these files [(company file name.qbw.ND.OLD) and (company file name.qbw.TLLG.OLD)].
- Access QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2 – End the Actively Running QuickBooks Processes
- Use your Administrator credentials to log in to your server computer.
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together to open a menu on the screen.
- Choose the Start Task Manager option from the menu.
- Go to the Users tab to check if the processes for all the users are displayed.
- Now, click on the Processes tab and look for the following options –
- Tap on each of the processes and hit the End Task button.
- Open QuickBooks, change to multi-user mode, and access your company file.
Solution 3 – Quick Fix my Program – From Tool Hub
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub Program by Just Double click on LMB over its desktop icon.
- In The Home window of the Tool Hub Program, Click on LMB “Program issues” Tab.
- Next, Click on LMB to Run “Quick Fix my Program” and This will might take 20 minutes to fix the issue.
In this blog, we have talked about various factors that trigger QuickBooks Error 6190. And also, the ways in which it is possible to eliminate the issue. If you are unable to catch up on the information above, feel free to connect with our certified experts at 855-856-0042 for effective assistance.