IBM Notes and Microsoft Outlook are the most famous email client applications, used by many companies for email communication. Both email clients maintain high security and user-centric features. In this article, you will get to understand the reasons behind Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion, and how to export NSF files from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST. Before we start conversion, firstly we’ll discuss Lotus Notes and Outlook.
Introduction to Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook
Lotus Notes is also known as HCL Notes. It acts as a client under the software platform. Also, it uses Lotus Notes domino as its server. Using this, one can give messages, blogs, personnel directory email, calendars, etc. to different organizations. Also, it uses an NSF file to work under the domino server for proper adjustments.
Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client that includes two different file formats. Such as PST and OST (offline storage table). Moreover, Microsoft Outlook uses the PST file format to work under the MS Exchange Server. Outlook has many advanced and familiar features as compared to IBM Lotus Notes. So, if you need to access these features, then migrate your HCL Notes data into Outlook.
Common Reasons for Migration Emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook
There are so many causes to move HCL Notes to Outlook. The MS Outlook is cost-effective as compared to IBM Notes. Microsoft Outlook comes with a user-friendly and convenient GUI, and the user doesn’t require any technical skills to Outlook. Besides this, IBM Lotus Notes has a complex GUI, and users face difficulty in starting to use Lotus Notes. Users can also open Outlook in Windows and Android mobile.
Some of the main reasons are –
- Microsoft Outlook helps to use Outlook data items in an Offline mode.
- It helps to protect your files and makes you use the file more effectively.
- It provides a data management feature.
- It provides you large storage capacity, and it is more attractive as compared to others.
- The Outlook is easy to use.
Freeware Solution to Export NSF Files from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST
If you need to convert NSF to PST file format, then you have to follow two steps:
- Export Lotus Notes Data to CSV Format
- Then, Import CSV File to Outlook
Step 1. Export NSF File to CSV Format
- Firstly, run your IBM Notes application on the system
- Then, click on the File and go to Export option.
- Now, select the destination path to save your CSV file.
- Select Comma Separated Value (CSV) and hit on the Save button.
Step 2. Import Exported NSF File to Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook email program
- Go to the File option
- Choose the Open and export option
- In Import and Export Wizard select Import from another program or file option.
- From import a File box choose the Comma Separated Values option and tap to Next button.
- Browse the exported CSV file and click Finish once the import process gets completed.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- Users cannot directly migrate data from NSF to PST file format.
- It is a long process and time-taking as you have to follow two different steps.
- It is a complex solution and also data is not secured.
- MS Outlook and Lotus Notes applications installation is required for the process.
- Non-technical users can only work under expert guidance.
To overcome these disadvantages and drawbacks, I recommend a solution i.e. CubexSoft NSF Converter. This tool helps to directly migrate HCL Lotus Notes data to Outlook PST and different file formats. Such as PDF, MBOX, EML, OLM, Office 365, Exchange Server, Hosted Exchange Server, and etc. including all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and other items along with attachments.
CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter – Simple & Easy Working Steps
- Download and install the software on your windows machine. After that launch and open it properly.
- Go to Add File(s) option of the software menu bar.
- After clicking Add Files option, the software will open the Select Source NSF File wizard with multiple options (Select Singe File or Select Multiple Files) to add NSF files. You can also use Browse or Search buttons to load the NSF files. Once done, click Next to continue.
- After clicking the Next button, the software will start scanning the NSF file/folder and all associated items on the software pane.
- Now check a preview of all uploaded data folders who content you need to view.
- Click on the Export option to select the saving output option from the list i.e. PST, PDF, EML, MSG, etc.….
- Select the Destination Path to save converted files by clicking the Browse button.
- Finally hit on the Convert button to start the process.
Overall, I would like to say CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter Software is one of the best and most trusted solutions to directly export NSF files from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST file format with all details and attachments.
You May Also, Like – print multiple outlook emails to pdf format