A dental bridge is an artificial tooth that is fixed when a natural tooth is missing or has come off due to unfortunate circumstances. You can have multiple dental bridges inside your mouth (if need be). Usually, a dental bridge is made using a combination of porcelain and ceramic teeth. There are wings on either side of the dental bridge. Wings on either side bond to your existing sets of teeth. Dental bridges in San Antonio will help restore your normal life in the absence of a genuine tooth.
Dental bridges are preferred by all those who wish to restore normalcy in their everyday life. Whenever there is an excessive gap between two teeth because of a missing tooth, it will be filled using a dental bridge (artificial teeth). A dental bridge is not a long process and might take a maximum of 2 -3 visits to complete bridge restoration. It is important to note that all those planning to opt for dental bridges will require a healthy tooth on either side of the missing tooth if they wish to get the procedure done.
However, taking good care of your dental bridges is of utmost importance if you want these dental restorations to go the distance. If you have a missing tooth (or teeth), you can get a dental bridge fixed inside your mouth. Interestingly, you need to have healthy teeth on either side of the missing tooth if you are planning to get a dental bridge fixed inside the confines of your mouth. Dental bridges are also used by those who are born with a missing tooth. This can happen because of a congenital condition.
Here is how you can take good care of your dental bridges:
- Avoid sugary food items as these are capable of causing dental erosions. Plus, consuming too much sugar can also lead to gum diseases.
- Brush twice on an everyday basis. Remember to clean underneath the bridge. Do not let the bacteria (and plague) settle atop your teeth and gums.
- Floss once a day to remove additional plaque and bacteria from your mouth. Flossing on an everyday basis will not just remove bacteria and plaque, but also the debris of food and beverages that you consume.
- Avoid consuming sticky candies, wafers, nuts, chocolates, etc. These food items might stick to your dental bridge and damage it.
- Eat a healthy diet. Add fruits to your diet that are rich in fiber, such as bananas, apples, raspberries, pears, etc.
- Avoid excessive smoking because it can damage the gums (and weaken your teeth).
- Your bite might feel abnormal (slightly) if you haven’t used a dental bridge in the past. However, things are bound to get better with time.
- Also, dental bridges in San Antonio are useful because these restorations help restore a person’s normal chewing function.
- Visits with your dentist without fail.
- Avoid eating the food items that are either too hot or too cold for a few days after the completion of the procedure. Consuming such foodstuffs is likely to give rise to sensitivity.
You can also opt for dental crowns in San Antonio if your teeth are partially damaged. A partially-damaged tooth can be restored using a dental crown. A dental crown is trusted by the patients who wish to get their life back on track after losing a set of genuine teeth. Get in touch with a dental health expert to get the job done if you are planning to restore your dental health completely in 2022.
Hope you found this post useful and follow us to get the latest dental-related information.