Paschimottasana yoga not only keeps your mind calm but also relieves you from many physical problems. Regular practice of Paschimottasana cleans the dirt of the blood as well as it can help in getting the stomach worms out of the anus, there are many other benefits of this asana and it is very easy to do yoga, you can easily do it at your home. But can. So let us know what is Paschimottasana Yoga?
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
What is Paschimottasana Yoga?
Paschimottasana yoga is called Seated Forward Bend Pose. It is a great yoga posture that has a profound effect on the nervous system, calms the mind, and helps relieve stress and mild depression, Paschimottanasana is one of the most important asanas in hatha yoga and modern yoga. One of them is, it is an excellent asana that can help in improving your mental health and physical well-being.
As we all know, yoga is a great way to relax the mind and body, it can help calm your anxious mind, relieve stress and anxiety. It can help you to overcome many physical problems. A healthy diet and exercise regimens and asanas can help you lose weight, improve muscle tone, provide flexibility and strength. Yoga has also been linked to better heart health and a better immune system.
Today we will tell you through this article the benefits of Paschimottasana Yoga and the way to do Paschimottasana Yoga. Also will tell which people should not do Paschimottasana yoga.
How to do Paschimottasana Yoga:
- First of all, sit in Sukhasana and take deep breaths and exhale. This calms the mind.
- Now open both your legs in front and sit in a straight line. Both the heel and the toes will meet.
- Now while exhaling and bending forward, hold the toes of both feet with both hands.
- Place the forehead on the knees and both the elbows will remain on the ground. As you can see in the pictures.
- Keep yourself in this position for 30 to 60 seconds. Keep taking slow breaths.
- Now come back to your former position and relax.
If you are troubled by back pain and neck pain, then do not do yoga. If you are doing this asana for the first time then surely your body may be a little unable to do it. In such a situation, before starting this asana, do subtle exercises or stretching. This minimizes the chances of injury. Try to tilt your body slowly forward. After a few days of practice, you will definitely be able to do this among yourself.
Benefits of doing Paschimottasana:
- With the continuous practice of this asana, your spinal cord or spine becomes flexible.
- Paschimottasana improve blood circulation in the body.
- When you practice Paschimottasana, the muscles of the waist and calves get stretched, due to which it becomes flexible.
- By the practice of this asana, obesity is removed.
- Those whose lower part of the body is heavy, must do this asana. Due to this, their waist becomes slim and shapely.
- This asana is effective in removing skin diseases and body odor.
- Its practice kills stomach worms and purifies the blood.