With the changing season, problems like sore throat start happening. Sometimes speaking too much can also hurt the throat. Or because of loud speaking or screaming, there is pain in the throat. There can be different reasons for sore throat. But yoga is such a practice that a sore throat is also cured and when you practice these yogasanas, throat problems start getting cured in a few days. When the throat healers do yogasanas, then the muscles of the throat are relaxed. Throat glands are activated, which removes throat problems
If you are willing to learn different types of yoga along with keeping your body healthy, you can learn 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
1. Throne (simhasana) for throat problems
Throat makes the muscles of the throat strong. When we move the tongue out quickly, we feel a stretch in our neck. Due to which our throat muscles become active and become warm. Due to this, problems like sore throat, pain, phlegm, burning, blisters etc. are cured. This asana also strengthens our jaws.
How to do:-
- Bend both your legs and turn the heels outwards and sit on the toes. It will be some Vajrasana-like position.
- The left thumb of the foot will be above the right thumb.
- Keeping the waist, neck straight, keep both your hands on the knees.
- Take rest for some time and prepare your body for the throne and in the same position take your knees away from each other.
- The fingers of both the hands will be on the inside and keep the palms between the knees.
- Look in front, then take a long deep breath in and while exhaling, tilt your body slightly forward, sticking out your tongue and roar like a lion.
- In this, try to see the middle of the forehead with both your open eyes. Quickly stick out the tongue. Hold 9 -10 seconds in this position.
- Repeat this roaring action 5-6 times. Hold 5-6 seconds after each action.
2. Ushtrasana for throat problems
By doing Ustrasana, the neck is backwards, due to which the muscles of the neck get stretched. Due to which the circulation of blood in the neck area increases. At the same time, it puts strain on our trachea (throat pipe) and the glands of our mouth become active. Due to which our saliva improves. And the pain of the glands is reduced. Due to this, the muscles of our throat become strong. Due to these, from pricking in the throat to other diseases like swelling, pain in the throat, etc.
How to do :-
- Bend both the knees and sit on the toes.
- Keep both the hands on the waist. While inhaling, stand on your knees.
- Make a gap between both the knees equal to the shoulder.
- While inhaling, take both the hands towards the sky and try to hold your heels one by one.
- Exhale slowly and come back.
- Hold 30 seconds in this posture.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn Yoga Teacher Training India.
3. Halasana for throat problems
While doing Halasana, there is a good stretch in the back part of our throat. Reduces neck pain. It also reduces stiffness in the neck. Activates the thyroid gland of the throat. If someone has a thyroid problem then this asana is very beneficial for him. This asana removes the problem of Kapha. Makes our face glowing too.
How to do:-
- Lie on your back comfortably on your mat.
- Keep both your hands beside your waist. Gently bend your fingers towards the ground. Keep in mind that the part of your waist will remain on the ground.
- Bring both your legs to 90 degrees while taking normal breaths.
- Slowly raise your waist and support your waist with both your hands.
- Both your feet will be towards the sky. While exhaling slowly, slowly place both your feet on the ground towards the head.
- Interlocking the fingers of both the hands while removing the support of the waist.
- While doing this asana, you will feel pain in the neck which is normal.
- Hold this asana as per your ability.
- Supporting the waist, take the feet towards the sky again and come back slowly.
- Open both the legs and turn the palms towards the sky and rest for some time.
- People who have cervical problems should not do this asana.
- People who have a lot of weight should do this asana under someone’s supervision.
4. King-cobra posture for throat problems
By doing this asana, the problems related to our throat and lungs end by increasing the blood circulation in our chest and throat. This asana makes the neck muscles flexible and strong. At the same time, it also reduces the fat of our neck. It improves the function of our throat.
How to do:-
- Lie down on your stomach on your mat. Connect both your feet together.
- The claws will be on the outside. Place both your hands under the shoulder and spread the fingers.
- Taking the support of your hands, lift your chest towards the sky, slowly bend both your knees from behind and bring them near the head. In this, pull the neck backwards.
- Try to bring your head and feet as close as possible. Keep your elbows slightly bent from side to side. So that your chest part can be opened as much as possible.
- Exhale, come back and straighten the legs, release the hands loose. And take rest for some time.
- Hold this asana according to your ability.
- Pregnant women should not do this asana.
- People who have lower back pain should also not do this asana.
Many diseases are cured through yoga. If you also have throat problems, you can do the yoga asanas mentioned here.